Try Out This BBQ Chicken Recipe
– 2 qts of water
– 2 garlic cloves, (smashed)
– 1/4 cups of brown sugar
– 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
– 2 tbsp salt
– 1 tbsp pepper
– 6 chicken thighs and chicken legs, with bone and skin.
Chicken Barbecue Sauce
– Extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 slice of bacon
– 1 bunch of thyme
– 1/2 onion, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, chopped
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup molasses
– 2 cups ketchup
– 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
– 1 tbsp of dry mustard
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp paprika
This BBQ chicken recipe is a little more involved than some, but it is definitely worth it! Follow these directions.
- First we make the brine. Using a bowl, add the garlic, water, thyme, salt, and sugar. Place the brine to a large sized resealable plastic bag. Next you want to put the chicken, in the bag and refrigerate it for 2 hours (if that’s too long then 15 minutes is fine) the key is to allow the chicken to absorb the flavors and salt.
- Now for our sauce. Wrap the bacon around the thyme and tie with kitchen twine to make a bundle. Oil up a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of oil and warm up on medium heat.
- Add the bundle of thyme and cook 3 to 4 minutes. This will give the sauce a smokey like taste.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook slowly for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir occasionally, and turn the heat to low. Cook slowly for 20 more minutes to mix the flavors. When done, remove from the heat and let the sauce sit. (Save some sauce for the dinner table)
- Preheat your BBQ grill on medium heat. Remove the chicken from the brine and gently pat dry using some paper towels. Place the chicken on the grill and baste it with your sauce while it cooks. Cook each side of the chicken for 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
Serve at the dinner table with your favorite sides! If that’s not enough for you, then here’s another great BBQ chicken breast recipe!