Do You Have High Cholesterol?
The Facts About Cholesterol
When your liver dissolves excess fat, cholesterol gets formed. Cholesterol can be divided into a few kinds. These are High-density lipoprotein (HDL), Low-density lipoprotein (LDL), and finally Triglycerides. HDL cholesterol (“Good cholesterol”) transports cholesterol away from the cells back to your liver, and then your liver dissolves the cholesterol. HDL is tremendously useful as it can help you avoid high levels of cholesterol in the body. The “bad cholesterol” is LDL cholesterol, because this takes cholesterol away from your liver and into the bloodstream. Triglycerides are the variety of cholesterol that result in atherolsclerosis (hardening of the arteries). They are mostly found in high levels in vegetable oil and animal products.
We do require cholesterol for our bodies to stay healthy. Cholesterol has three major purposes: making cell membranes, making hormones, and also insulating the nerve fibers. However it is all too easy to have excessive cholesterol, especially with all the high fat content contained in fast food, meat, and snacks. If we allow our cholesterol to get too high, we are at risk of developing heart disease or diabetes, or stroke. A serious danger to your health is if you have high levels of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, but with low levels of HDL.
It is quite simply a natural result of people’s way of living and diets that they often have much too much LDL cholesterol and triglycerides in their blood.
Every single year more of us are diagnosed with heart disease and particular forms of cancer that tend to be encountered by people who have high. What’s more a lot of sickness might be prevented or at least made much less serious if people just made some simple lifestyle changes.
Effective Cholesterol Reducing Methods:
It is very smart to try and cut total cholesterol levels if you can. It is not usually essential to use medicine to cut the overall cholesterol level. Cholesterol medicines have been found to be just 2% effective. If you are able to lower cholesterol naturally you will have a healthier life and not use cholesterol-cutting drugs.
If you would like to reach good cholesterol levels, try the following:
– Only eat only meals which are known to cut cholesterol. Fish, whole grains, and olive oil are excellent products to eat frequently.
– Try to bring your weight down to a good point. If you can shift fat you could enjoy much lower cholesterol levels.
– Try to eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies.
– Lower your alcohol and caffeine. They can make a person’s levels of cholesterol to get too high.
– Avoid cigarettes at all costs. Being a smoker is highly linked with increased levels of cholesterol.
– Try to lower stress in your life. A little stress can be pretty interesting for people. Although, if we find ourselves regularly under stress, we can risk having high blood pressure.
It is incredible the way that just a few small changes can have such a massive benefit. Everybody can gain from a more healthy lifestyle.